Denver Apprentice Counselor
The CA Summer Day Camp offers a two week Apprentice Counselor Program for young people (ages 13-15) who wish to gain valuable experience working with and caring for children as a counselor in training. Under the guidance of a leadership coach, the Apprentice counselors assist regular counselors in the management and care of campers. They explore different styles of leadership and learn the importance of being a good role model. In the process they learn the skills and responsibilities of working with children. They are expected to participate actively in all Day Camp activities and serve as a positive role model for campers. The Apprentice Counselors also provide assistance to the Assistant Director for Programs in setting up the various special Friday activities.
Session 1: June 5- June 16
Session 2: June 19-June 30
Session 3: July 3-July 14
Session 4: July 17- July 28
$475 for two weeks
$390 for session 3
Acceptance into this program is based on a video application process. To be considered for this program, please prepare a short video, with you as the star, and address the following questions.
1. Have you ever attended one of our camps?
2. Why do you want to be an Apprentice Counselor?
3. Describe all of your experience working with children?
4. Do you have any special skills or talents that may be useful in being an Apprentice Counselor?
5. Would you rather be in a band, act on television or live as your favorite cartoon character? Why?
6. Why should we select you for this position?
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Please email video applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Returning apprentice counselors are not required to re-submit the video application.