The CA Summer Day Camp offers a two-week Apprentice Counselor Program for young people (ages 13-15) who wish to gain valuable experience working with and caring for children as a counselor in training. Under the guidance of a leadership coach, the Apprentice counselors assist regular counselors in the management and care of campers. They explore different styles of leadership and learn the importance of being a good role model. In the process, they learn the skills and responsibilities of working with children. They are expected to participate actively in all Day Camp activities and serve as a positive role model for campers. The Apprentice Counselors also provide assistance to the Assistant Director's for Programs in setting up the various special Friday activities.
Session 1: June 6-June 17
Session 2: June 20-July 1
Session 3: July 5-July 15
Session 4: July 18- July 29
Sessions 1, 2, 4: $600 for two weeks
Session 3: $540 for 9 days
Acceptance into this program is based on a video application process. To be considered for this program, please prepare a short video, with you as the star, and address the following questions.
1. Have you ever attended one of our camps?
2. Why do you want to be an Apprentice Counselor?
3. Summarize the experience you have had working with children?
4. Do you have any special skills or talents that may be useful in being an Apprentice Counselor?
5. Would you rather be in a band, act on television or live as your favorite cartoon character? Why?
6. Why should we select you for this position?
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Please email video applications to email@example.com.
**Returning apprentice counselors are not required to re-submit the video application.