Staff Training Links
We can't wait to see you soon!
Please ready our staff handbook here: Summer Programs Counselor Handbook 2023
The following courses will need to be completed in the Colorado Shines Prof. Dev. Info. S
When you are finished with each course, please print a copy of the certificate. Please keep it and bring it with you on your first day of work. Please do not email the certificates to us. Thank you!
- If you do not have a profile, you will need to register and create a login here: https://www.
- Once logged in, you will select the blue button labeled, "Go to learning"
- A new window will pop up with a message titled, "Welcome to My Learning"
- Close the pop up message. Use the search bar at the top of the page to go to the courses listed below:
- Once you've found the course read the directions and "Open Curriculum"
- The next page might have a button labeled, "View Details" (this step isn't part of every course)
- The next page should have a button labeled, "Launch"
- Once you launch, you can begin your course
This site is not very user-friendly! Please reach out if you need help!
1. EVERY YEAR: Recognition of Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect (EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO THIS. MUST BE COMPLETED EVERY YEAR)
2. EVERY YEAR: Standard Precautions including Prevention and Control of Infections Diseases...(EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO THIS. MUST BE COMPLETED EVERY YEAR)
3. EVERY YEAR: Introduction to First Aid and CPR (annually) *Needs to be completed if you are not CPR/First Aid certified. (Group Leaders and Coordinators must be CPR/First Aid Certified.)
3. ONE TIME: Injury Prevention for Day Camp Program that DO NOT Regularly Use a Playground (ONLY IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE)
4. ONE TIME: Playground Safety for School-Age Programs (ONLY IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE)
5. ONE TIME: FEMA (ONLY IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE)
*If you have not completed FEMA before, you will need to create a SID (Student Identification Number) before you get started. You can do that here: https://cdp.dhs.gov/